• User Newbie

Sawatdee ka

:ciauz:Sawatdee ka , my name is Somjit and i come from Thailand , was not easy at all to joint this web site because is in Italian language , but fortunatly I got a good diictionary and could manage myself a bit because I study the Italian language as well ! I love to play volleyball and Tae kwoon do plus i like to swim but only in swimmig poole because i am a bit scared from the sea ! I graduated in the university 6 years ago and now i work in my family businness ...a real estate ! Keep in touch and chok dee tuc tuc kon !

• Consiglio Direttivo

Sawatdee ka Somjit and welcome in GT Forum 😄

Don't worry about the language! I mean... You're right: this forum is mostly in italian, but if you post in english, we'll understand you 😉

And I'm sure you'll be greet in thai too...

Thanks for joining us and for your presentation!
    I hope you'll enjoy staying here.
    .....and keep studing italian 🙂

:hi:

• Community Manager

Sawatdee krap somjit80.

Sabadee mai krap?
    Mai pen rai sam rap phasaa angrid.

So...about 2/3 weeks we start a Social Network in Italian & English Languages. In December we create a Thailand-Area in our Social Network 🙂

In this Forum we talking about Thailand in this Area.

You are welcome in Giorgiotave's Community.

Iin dee tee dai ru ciak

:ciauz:

• User Newbie

December is not far...I will wait! Is quite hard to Romanize the Thai and could be miss undesrtood as well because of the tone :mmm: but in short phrases as "sawatdee ka" or "kop un kap" it's make a sense , Thai could bea real difficult to pronunce , read and write...but also Italian is not easy , the grammar is very intricated and so many rules ! I went to Europe and visinting also Italy in 2005 , 2006 and 2007 , visiting many places as Rome , Milan , Trieste ,the Como lake , the Italian Alp , and Portofino in the sea side , the food is delicious...my favouirite is "spaghetti allo scoglio" but i must add a lot of chilli because we like spice food .
    I must say that most of Italians does NOT speak English...and is because the Italian TV translate the original sound track into Italian language ,I belive that if they leave the original soundtrack and just add the subtitle the Italians could learn and memorize better the English language. pop kan mai tuc tuc kon:sun:

• Consiglio Direttivo

I do agree with you.... :vai:

I can't understand why they don't subtitle the original suondtracks...
    Do they consider italian not enought smart to accept it? :mmm:

.....and mostly..... Are they right?:dull:

I'm afraid to realize it's true....

Anyway I look for original movies on youtube and I can say that GT forum is a happy island: I guess they shouldn't call themeselves webmasters without knowing english 😉

Mai pen rai 😄

• User Newbie

Unfortunatly also in Thailand there are not subtitle in the tv , only in the theater the subtitle are avaible ! Most of Thai people does not speak english at all , only in the turistic area they does ! I must also say that few foreigners that are living in Thailand can speak Thai fluent , most of them are quite lazy and they does not make any effort for learn it a bit ! Go to a good foreigners language school like AUA or YMCA could be expensive 😢for a Thai that come from the medium class , the working class can dream about it ! I wish to improve better my English language , with the Italian language i am making some little progress...about the Italian cousine I am much better , I am able to prepare Pizza doing the pasta home made , lasagne , a various variety of sauce (pesto is my favourite) and even the risotto with the mushrooms porcini :tongueout: ! But the Italian cousine is not simply sometimes and there are a large quantity of dishes that I must learn to prepare ! keep in touch and if you have time send me a nice recipe !!! best regard from Somjit.

• Consiglio Direttivo

Somjit.... you already had lunch.... while I'm getting hungry by reading you... :sbav:

.....for the dishes.... I'll think about something!

Best regards to you too :smile5:

• User Newbie

Sawatdee ka ! At lunch I had some kao plao (plain rice) with pat pak sai tap muu (fried vegetable with pork liver) ! And tonight for dinner I had the spaghetti with pesto , I bought the Italian basil in the king project , 1 kilo is 80 bath (and is good like in Italy) then the olive oil extra vergin , the pine nuts , the pecorino and parmigiano are avaible in the rimping supermarket ! I do a large quantity so i can frozen it and keep it for a long time ! Once i want to eat a pasta with the pesto...i just take it out from the fridge in the afternoon and for dinner is ready for dressing the pasta :tongueout: ! right now is 10:48 pm here...is time to go to sleep... rati sawat (good night):dull: