• Community Manager

Not just for your phone anymore

Opera brings Speed Dial to your PC

Oslo, Norway - April 11, 2007Opera today released Speed Dial, the fastest and easiest way to access your favorite sites. Speed Dial allows you to transform your top nine sites into visual favorites that are immediately available in any new tab. Speed Dial is available in Opera 9.2, a completely free download from www.opera.com.

"Speed Dial is a fresh way to call up the top sites you enjoy throughout the day," said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera. "It's a cool new way to access those sites - you can do it through the Speed Dial or enter the corresponding number in the address bar. I hope current and new Opera users find Speed Dial both enjoyable and addictive."

We made a short introduction to Speed Dial, and here's a screenshot.
    "Speed Dial fits in with my life. I've been using it since the beta release and I've surprised even myself with how I've come to rely on it," said Chris Thornton (aka SeaEmpty), an avid Opera user and member of the My Opera community. "It's far faster than typing the URL over and over, and I can use it to see when my Speed Dial sites are updated - so I can have one easy overview of what's going on with my favorite sites."
    Availability

Opera 9.2 with Speed Dial is available for Windows, Mac and Linux and comes in 31 languages. It is also a recommended security upgrade and can be downloaded free from www.opera.com.
    About Opera Software ASA

Opera Software ASA has redefined Web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross- platform Web browser technology is renowned for its small size, performance and standards-compliance, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.